E & C Challinor

Fenton, Staffordshire 1862 - 1891

Back to marks page

Fenton Pottery,
Fenton,
Staffs
1862 - 1891
Edward Challinor had been operating from the Fenton Pottery from 1853 as E.Challinor & Co. It is likely that these works were owned by the Coal master Charles Challinor with whom Edward joined in partnership in 1862 to produce a wider range of domestic wares expanding from earthenwares into ironstones. Charles Challinor had many financial interests in the district of Fenton. The partnership was eventually dissolved and the business carried on as C.Challinor & Co for only another 4 years. "Asiatic Pheasants" marks are so far confined to the E. & C. Challinor partnership.

Marks employed

Printed marks together with the Asiatic Pheasants Cartouche
E & C C E & C CHALLINOR